My Favorite 10 Minute Meals
I am constantly on the go. In fact, when I'm not it feels strange because I'm always used to running from one thing to the next. I am a sucker for quick and easy when it comes to food, but also nutritious and healthy. I have had quick grab and go's from fast food but after about a day of doing that I feel gross, run down and bloated. After a long day of working one of the last things I really want to do is cook i.e. grab something to bring home or order in.
So I have compiled a few of my favorite ten minute meals that are delicious, healthy and can even be a vegan option.
Shrimp Tacos or Portobello Mushroom Tacos
Shrimp (or Portobello mushrooms for vegan)
1/2 cup of black beans
1. On a skillet, cook shrimp (or mushrooms) with black pepper, garlic powder and taco seasoning (optional) and black beans
2. Dice up onion, tomato and cilantro in a bowl with lime squeezed over
3. Lay out lettuce cups or taco shells, fill up with shrimp and beans OR mushrooms and beans, layer onions, tomato and cilantro on top
Greek Bean Salad
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 jar of Kalamata olives
1 jar of green olives
1 whole cucumber
1 red onion
1/2 bag of shredded carrots
2 cups of quinoa
Feta cheese (amount according to your liking)
1. Dice up cucumber and onion
2. Cook quinoa
3. Combine all ingredients in one bowl
4. Top with salt, black pepper, olive oil and lemon
5. Toss all ingredients and add in feta cheese
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.