On my journey of losing some body fat I have tried all the tricks in the book. Any kind of pill or potion, lotion and wrap I did it. And guess what? None of them worked! Obviously because I was looking for a quick fix in all the wrong places. So when I say this is my secret weapon, there is really no secret to it. The secret is eating healthy and intuitively, as well as working out and keeping that body moving! But my somewhat secret weapon is one of my favorite drinks.
I follow one of my favorite food bloggers on Instagram @rawvana who puts up some great vegan recipes. I found this smoothie from her page, and it has made a world of difference in my physique. A week before going on vacation I was freaking out that I had to be in shorts and a bathing suit and wasn't nearly ready for either. I saw Yvana's post on this great drink (although she eats it as a soup) that is helpful with bloating. I found that my issue wasn't so much dropping weight but my stomach bloating. So, I tried it out!
My take aways...
1. If you don't like vegetable drinks this is definitely not for you.
2. If you don't get enough vegetables in your diet like most Americans than this is definitely a great go to.
3. I LOVE having this for breakfast because its jam packed with nutritents
4. The beets may or may not turn your poop purple (sorry thats gross, but good to know!)
5. All the ingredients together are super cheap to purchase and overall gives you that extra boost you need in your diet.
6. You can skip the cayenne pepper if that is too spicy for you!
7. You will notice after one day (if avoiding bad foods) your bloating will definitely decrease.
8. I found that my body began to crave all the nutrients in the morning, so it became my breakfast.
9. It is fairly thick, so you can add more coconut water in to make it more liquid like.
10. Its a perfect snack or meal replacement for on the go!
1 celery stalk
1 bunch of parsley
1 cup of coconut water
Sprinkle cayenne pepper (as much or little as you want)